Friday 7 February 2014

January Favourites.

We've been in February for a week now but I'm finally here to tell you about all of my favourite things from January. I've only ever done one favourites post before, in October, and I really liked writing it. I've enjoyed using quite a few products over January so I thought I'd do another. I would make this a more regular thing but, sometimes, I have the same favourites for a few months. Anyway, here are my favourites from January:
There's not a lot of it, I know, but I felt that there was enough for a favourites post to be plausible. 

Real Techniques: Duo-Fibre Brushes
I'd, firstly, like to apologise for the slightly-grubby state of them; I didn't realise until after I'd took all of the pictures. These lovely brushes were featured in last week's blogpost and I absolutely love them. The face brush glides across my face so smoothly and applies my makeup perfectly. The contour brush is the best I've ever used. I use a bronzing powder with it and it really helps to define my cheekbones. The eye brush is quite big but it's quite good for blending.

Tangle Teezer
Sticking with the brush theme, I recently bought this Tangle Teezer. I've been wanting one for ages but kept putting it off and buying other things instead. I finally forced myself to buy one and I'm so glad I did. Not really sure what else to say other than this brush definitely fulfils it's purpose. It really does de-tangle my hair and makes styling it 200 times easier.

Collection Lipstick: 'Vintage Rose'
I'm not going to lie, one of the main reasons I bought this lipstick was because of the name. The colour is just as pretty though. I bought this just before Christmas and have been wearing it non-stop. It's been my go-to lipstick over Winter because it just looks perfect for any occasion: whether it's going shopping or to a party (yes, because I go to all of the parties...). It was quite cheap so I didn't really expect much from it but I only ever have to reapply it once or twice throughout the day/evening. 

Sleek Blush: 'Rose Gold'
This is another product from last week's blogpost that I've loved using in January. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it in a post in December, too. Since I've gone on about it so much,  I won't go into detail. I've been using this blush every day and it's just so pretty. It doesn't look too pretty in the photo because I dropped it a few weeks ago, panicked and tried my best to squish it back into the container.

Bourjois Nail Varnish
I've always stuck to Barry M nail varnish and have never really ventured into other brands. I've occasionally tried other nail varnishes but have never really liked them as much as Barry M. I got these two Bourjois varnishes for my birthday from Jess (she has a blog, you should have a look) and I really like them. The consistency is just perfect; it's not too thick that it takes 12 hours to dry but not too thin so I have to apply 7 layers of it. These two colours are beautiful too. I've been wearing the burgundy coloured one more but, when spring comes, I'll be wearing the other every day, most probably. I must say, the 'lasts 7 days' statement is slightly ambitious but they do last quite a while without chipping. I only have these two colours at the moment but I will definitely be buying some more next time I'm in Boots.

Next, 'Milan' Perfume
My mum bought me this for Christmas and I've been using it on a daily basis since then. I'm terrible at describing smells but it smells divine. It's quite strong so I only need one spray each day so it's probably going to last me quite a while. I suppose I need to work on my perfume-reviewing skills, don't I?

Deathly Hallows Necklace
This is my only non-beauty favourite but it deserved a mention. If you wasn't aware already (I'm slightly disappointed in you if you weren't), this is a symbol from Harry Potter. One of my best friends bought me this for my birthday and I wear it with practically everything and will continue to. I feel like I'm wasting an opportunity if I don't wear it.

That's all for my favourites from January. Have a lovely February and I shall be back soon.

Ciao For Now
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment