Thursday 30 January 2014

My Everyday Makeup Bag.

Every beauty blog I've been reading for years has a "what's in my makeup bag" post and I absolutely love reading them and seeing what products they like to use on a daily basis. I think it's only right, as a girl just starting out in the blogging world, that I give you a run-down of what I keep in my everyday makeup bag, too. Also, since I love having a look at what other people have in their makeup bags, I thought I'd tag some people who I'd like to see do this too. I know this is a thing that popular beauty bloggers do but I'm doing it anyway. I'll put who I'm tagging at the end of this post.

First of all, this is my makeup bag. Oh, what a surprise, it's a cat. I saw this in Primark a while ago for £3 and I just couldn't not buy it; look how cute it is! It fits all of my products in it perfectly and it's a good size to fit in my bag every day.

Here's everything I put in my makeup bag and use, mostly, on a daily basis for school and work. I've tried to split them into a top and bottom row; it didn't work too well but never mind. I'll go from left to right on each row and give a little review on each (if necessary).

So first, starting with the top row, is the Collection 'Lasting Perfection' Concealer in the shade 'Fair'. I rant and rave about this concealer all the time so I'm not going to say much. It's just everything I look for in a concealer and brilliant for the price. If you haven't tried this, you're crazy.

For eyeliner, I've been using Seventeen 'High Drama' Eyeliner. To be honest, there's nothing special about this eyeliner; I could probably find one just as good, if not better. I bought this in a rush a while ago and it has lasted me a while. It lasts all day and is really easy to apply. It's great for when I wake up late (basically every day).

I bought this Bourjois Bronzing Powder about 4 months ago and I've still got over half of it left. As you probably already know, this smells like chocolate which is one of the main reasons as to why I bought it. I never find myself scrubbing at my face and looking like an Umpa-Lumpa with this bronzer. The tone of it, for me, isn't too orange-based which is what I often find in most bronzers. I use this to contour on my face and to blend on my chin and neck.

Underneath that is my Soap&Glory 'Thick&Fast' Mascara in the shade 'Super Jet Black'. I will admit, I did only buy this yesterday in Boots and I've only used it twice but I love it already. I've used a different Soap&Glory mascara in the past and also enjoyed using that one. This gives my lashes a really natural look: a little bit more length and a good amount of volume.

Below the mascara is my Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in the shade '004 Black Brown'. This pencil applies really easily and takes me about 2 minutes to fill in my brows in the morning. The brush on the lid isn't too great for blending; I have to use a different brow brush to do that but I still like this eyebrow pencil. It's just the right shade for my eyebrows.

Next is a Sleek Blush in 'Rose Gold'. This is a rosy pink colour with a gold shimmer. It's perfect to give the wintery "I've just been out in the cold" look. I'm really fussy when it comes to blush colours but I absolutely love this shade; the pigmentation is perfect and it has just the right amount of shimmer to get away with wearing it daily.

Rimmel 'Stay Matte' Pressed Powder is a product I talk about way too often and will probably continue to. As I've mentioned it so many times, all I'm going to say is that this stuff is wonderful.

For foundation, I've been using Revlon 'Nearly Naked' in the shade '120- Vanilla'. I've nearly ran out of this which is quite sad. It's been absolutely great in the cold weather; it doesn't dry my skin out and it has really great coverage. It also doesn't make me break out like a lot of heavier foundations tend to do. My one criticism about this is that it doesn't have a pump; it's quite a lot of effort to use on mornings when you don't have time to stand and wait around for the remains to slowly drip from the bottom of the bottle.

Moving on to the second row (starting back on the left) is a small variety of hair supplies. A makeup bag would not be complete without bobbles and grips, in my opinion. I also always seem to have a ribbon at the bottom of my bag just in case I fancy wearing one, I suppose.

Lastly, I have 3 Real Techniques brushes. I use the 'expert face brush' for my foundation; it blends it so easily and gives me a smooth finish... If that makes any sense. I've then got two 'duo-fiber' brushes and I absolutely love these. They came in a trio with an eye shadow brush and were limited edition but I'm pretty sure Boots still sell them. I use the 'face brush' for powder, bronzer and blusher. Aghhh, I know this is bad but I bought these just before Christmas, threw away my Elf blusher, kabuki and powder brushes without thinking (they were, to put it bluntly, a load of utter garbage), and then realised that I now don't have a blusher/bronzer brush or enough money to buy decent ones. Therefore, I'm just using one for all 3 until I have actual money again to buy some more Real Technique ones. Um, anyway, both the face and contour brush are brilliant, pick up just the right amount of product and apply it really nicely.

Well, that was quite a ramble, wasn't it? I hope you liked having a look into my makeup bag.

As I said at the beginning of the post (if you're still reading, well done, you've nearly made it), I'm going to tag some people to do a post on what's in their makeup bags. I'm going to tag two people. The first is a youtuber (have a look at her channel here, I love her videos) who recently made a blog which I also love and I'm excited to read her future blogposts. Her name is Katie Joslin and she seems really lovely (let's hope she'll actually respond to this tag). The second person I'm going to tag is Shay, one of my best friends. She doesn't really do beauty posts on her blog but I'm sure she'll enjoy doing this.

That's all for today. Apologies for the 2 week break; I've had exams and have took advantage of any free days by catching up on sleep or books. I also apologise if this post gets messy and makes no sense at times; I've been typing all day doing various coursework things so my brain is slightly scattered at the moment.

Ciao For Now
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment