Friday 25 October 2013

Arctic Monkeys Live: What A Night!

On Wednesday night, I went to see Arctic Monkeys with 3 of my besties: Shay, Georgia and Jess.
I can honestly say that it was one of the best nights of my life (apart from having beer thrown all over us half way through Brianstorm and smelling quite strongly of it for the rest of the night...)

Their support act, The Strypes, really got the audience pumped and ready for Arctic Monkeys. I've never heard of them before then but they were really good. Have a look here at one of their songs.

After The Strypes, about half an hour was spent waiting in anticipation for the band to come on, they finally came on and opened with Do I Wanna Know. The atmosphere was unreal. . Alex Turner, oh my. He was wearing a, what looked like suede, forest green blazer... wow. It was quite a sight. We were seated as we weren't old enough to get standing tickets (you had to be 16, damn.) and, looking down on everyone standing, it looked incredible. Everybody was jumping around everywhere and going insane as the beat kicked in on each song. I was quite jealous;I'm not complaining though, I still had an amazing time

Time flew by in a singing, dancing blur and, before I knew it, Alex was announcing that it was their last song of the night. We all went home singing happily to AM in the car and feeling as if our lives had just been made.

Throughout the concert, I took so many videos that my phone ran out of storage. I'd post some of them but my embarrassingly loud singing is too much for the internet and my dignity.

Ciao for now
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment